

The other day was quite an adventure. Leaving my home it was a beautiful day driving south on I-95. Traffic wasn't too bad and people weren't driving like complete idiots (kinda rare on I-95). Storm clouds loomed on the horizon but I figured it was far enough away that it wouldn't affect where we would be skating... Wrong! Five minutes later the rain was hitting the windshield harder than getting gnar speed wobbles and smacking your face on asphalt. It was ridiculous! I soon took my exit and drove in the wrong direction for half an hour trying to find the mall where we all were to meet. The rain still pored as I finally pulled into the swank mall. I walked around a bit trying to find everyone and banging my phone in my hand because my phone conveniently spazed out right when I needed to call, walking past all the bro stores looking like a jerk and banging my phone in my hand stares lurked form all directions. Luckily my phone regained some sense a few minutes later and I was able to meet up with everyone and we headed to the spot we would be skating. The rain had stopped by now and the spot was pretty dry when we arrived, little did we know what awaited us in the landing. Walking up to the hubba ledge it was perfect, hard plastic ledge decent height and plenty of run up. As I peered down the stairs I noticed a large amount of sand in the landing which was about a foot deep and 10 feet long that had been tossed there by the last hurricanes that rolled through. Brian grabbed an old deck and began digging out the spot. I was stoked about making this place skateable so I walked down the beach and found a 2x4 that really didn't help much but did the job. The landing was soon clean enough to eat off of and skating commenced shortly after a few stalls by curious cops and park rangers wondering why these kids cleaned out a nice little walkway at the end of some stairs. Yesterday was a sweet little adventure from rain to shine to gnar.
No comments:
Post a Comment