Thursday, November 08, 2007

Kooks, Chad Dads and Brock Markenstien

So these last few days have been pretty hectic. All I really wanna do right now is go skating. With finals on the horizon and winter moving in fast time is sparse and the weather is getting cold. The last couple of weekends have been great. Got some photos met some fucking weirdos and took home some good stories from it all.


rockford_ditch
Originally uploaded by edpphoto




Rockford, Illinois is a small town about an hour away from Chicago. It's the typical decaying industrial town from the 80's that are all too common through out the mid-west. On our way to Rockford we were cruising down the highway making good time when all of the sudden Brock Markenstein cuts right in front of us. We speed up and Jerimiah asks me if I think our car can fit in a very tiny space in front of Brock's whip and the truck in front of him. I didn't think we could but lucky for us Brock was actually a seasoned driver as was following the truck in front of him exactly one car length behind. So now were in front of him, I was quite impressed that we actually fit. So now were driving thinking all is good and that Brock behind us realized he sucks at life, but no! Brock speeds up next to us and begins to make obscure faces of pure anger. We all kinda laughed at his face and the Brock realized he sucked even more so he got us back reeeeaaal good by throwing a paper cup full of water at our car. Road Rage? Law enforcement was contacted and we gave them his plates. That was the end of that. So with the whole Brock run-in left on the open road we arrived at our destination. Skateing in Rockford is rad and sketchy, with plenty of spots too skate and lil' gangstas to take your shit or give you a good hassling. Lucky for us all we had to deal with were other skateboarders so no biggie.

Chad dads and skate jams:
We got downtown the next afternoon and found some parking in the south loop for ten bucks. There was a man in his late 40's walking to his car and an inquiry to see if we could use his ticket so that we didn't have to pay for parking was answered by a few seconds of silence as he walked by in a bit of rage and then followed by an angry NO! Oh well we thought was a good try. We then proceeded to go do things the legit way and pay for our parking. The man drove by us with his young teenage kids in a large SUV. " nice try try anyways" said Jerimiah to chad dad. The car rolled for a few more feet, stopped and backed up. Game ON I thought to myself.

Chad Dad " Hey what you say to me!"

Jerimiah " I said nice try anyways"

Chad Dad " Why don't you pay for your own parking you punk!" " I should beat your ass right now!"

Chad Dad then proceeded to yell about how he was gonna beat his ass in front of his kids and Jerimiah points out how'd he'd be setting a great example by fighting us. Chad Dad's kids were getting scared and tell you the truth I was getting pretty anxious, not knowing what an enraged Bears fan might actually do. But knowing his kind I figured he was a lot of talk and no walk. Chad Dad realized his dick like antics and that it really wasn't that big of a deal and drove off to his safe suburban home.( I bet he's still a lil angry.)

This last weekend Steve, Jerimiah and I went out skating. We got a late start and light was fading fast. We head to a recent spot Tylor and I found to shred. This spot is probably the most janky thing you'll ever wish to skate and Tylor has probably killed it the best. But anyways we head out and grab some food at Ronalds before heading down the street to wilson skatepark. Now one of my favorite things about living in a city like Chicago are all the crazy people. There nuts and way intense! So driving down to Wilson I look out the window to see this dude Jamin down the street moving like a coke head on an all night bender raver style! Dude was nuts!

dancer
Originally uploaded by edpphoto




edge
Originally uploaded by edpphoto



We soon were at wilson and shredding. Light was fading fast and we decided to head to the spot. While setting up and making the spot skateable we were ready to go. Skateboarding facinates a lot of people, and I think this because we make the most out of any situation and think on a completely differnt wave lenght the your average person. When people see skatboarding they are natually curious to see whats up? Most of the inquisitive folk 90 percent of the time are totally out of their gord. This was the case today. This session was underway and a few curious glances were given but nothing really compared until CH (crack head) extraterrestrial showed up! C.H.ET hovered down the path on his huffy. "DID YOU SEE IT?" he exclaims! " See what I say?" "The UFO man I took a photo of it on my phone!"....... "Really let me see." so he shows me an image of bluring light trails that looked like nothin more than a typical phone background. I then noticed his phone had a full cover on it and that it wasn't even a camera phone. He then opens his bag a pulls out a brew and slams the brewhaha like nobodies bussiness! His kookiness ensues for the next 15 mins and somehow he gains access to a skate. He rolls up and almost gets served but ends up rolling away. He begins talking to my younger brother and give him some great advice. " Hey kid you know what you should do, you should take the next ten years and just.. smoke weeeeeed!" He then pulls out and a tinfoil pipe. He shows everyone his "weed". It was kinda funny becuase I never knew weed came in the same small rocks like forms but who knows. He then told us that the cops just passed by but everything was cool. "I just told them were making a music video and that I'm the director and you all work for me." C.H.ET was so burnt out and after a couple minutes and us trying to take care of bussiness he left. Good Lord I love this city, not only do you see crazy people every but you also get the chance to talk these delightful people! So that pretty much concludes this story, ive never been to good with endings I actually suck at them, but you'll get over it!


kook
Originally uploaded by edpphoto




No Faith
Originally uploaded by edpphoto

No comments: