










Winter has been brutal, although for the six weeks of it, and probably the worst has been spent in Florida, which was rad. It was good to see everyone down there and skate with some damn good skateboarders. Relaxing in the sun, skating and taking photos in the middle of winter is always good especially coming from a wintery hell is Chicago. I was siked on the spot that the J town kids were building down there, it has so much potential for an epic skate spot in South Florida. Time seemed to stop and then speed up within the last few days of break. Downey, my brother and I spent three nights and twelve bags of concrete creating a chest high quarter against a tree at the watermelon spot, which was the spot where the jupiter kids built. Watching the piles rocks transform into a gnarly transitions with a pinch of over vert was like watching frankenstein coming to life for the first time. It was finally good enough to skate the night after we painted it and needless to say it was a challenge although super fun. But now Im back in Chicago far away from concrete tree tranny but I don't seem to mind too much. There is really nothin' like coming home. I love where I live as well as my friends, and the many new indoor places people have built. Well I feel like I'm yacking and would rather just let some photos do the the talking for now.
1 comment:
Nice flicks Ely. I was hopin you'd update this beast sometime soon. That wallride photo is dope. Nice and simple.
Post a Comment